Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

Thread: New little Apple

  1. #31
    Inactive Member jungleguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2003
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got a friend who's 8 1/2 months pregnant. anyhow I only get texts from her when its important, last week while in the Bush (on safari) I got one from her, expecting it to be important and probable the announcment of a new child, instead its to let me know she's got an iPod Mini, and really excited about it.

    Made me laugh.

    by the way does anyone actualy read what jb. has to say.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jungleguy:
    by the way does anyone actualy read what jb. has to say.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know I don't.


    ------------------------

    jb's an ass with a consumerism driven ideology. He will never succeed in life.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 17, 2005 04:02 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>

  3. #33
    Inactive Member belovedmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2003
    Posts
    554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im sorry i havent read all the big ass posts in this thread so i might be saying something someone has already said or arguing a point which this dumb ass has already retracted...

    Jb... you state it wont be powerful enough to run FCP... yeah cos a ?350 Dell computer will run Avid?? Dude get serious. If you want to edit a broadcast/feature style set up ?350 isnt going to get you that no matter what hardware/software you use.

    OMG it doesnt come with a mouse and a monitor... so what? By allowing people to buy their own 3rd party keyboard/mouse/monitor people can shave bucket loads. Who uses the one button Apple mouse anyways?

    I think you are seriously misjuding the point of this computer. Its not designed to be a powerhouse unit with a G5 to render broadcast quality colour correction and god knows what... its aimed at the kid who has bought an Ipod and wants a cool computer to go with it for surfing the web and chatting to friends. Its designed for the middle aged family who are sick of virus and spam and have heard from their friend that this mac would allow them to ditch the Dell in favour of spam free OSX.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by belovedmonster:
    im sorry i havent read all the big ass posts in this thread so i might be saying something someone has already said or arguing a point which this dumb ass has already retracted...

    Jb... you state it wont be powerful enough to run FCP... yeah cos a ?350 Dell computer will run Avid?? Dude get serious. If you want to edit a broadcast/feature style set up ?350 isnt going to get you that no matter what hardware/software you use.

    OMG it doesnt come with a mouse and a monitor... so what? By allowing people to buy their own 3rd party keyboard/mouse/monitor people can shave bucket loads. Who uses the one button Apple mouse anyways?

    I think you are seriously misjuding the point of this computer. Its not designed to be a powerhouse unit with a G5 to render broadcast quality colour correction and god knows what... its aimed at the kid who has bought an Ipod and wants a cool computer to go with it for surfing the web and chatting to friends. Its designed for the middle aged family who are sick of virus and spam and have heard from their friend that this mac would allow them to ditch the Dell in favour of spam free OSX.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, "Beloved Monster", if that is in fact your real name, review the first paragraph you wrote above, then hang your head in shame.

    Blah, blah, blah Apple is the greatest. Blah, blah, blah, don't you love my EMO style?

    Don't call me "dude", EVER and don't call me "Dumbass" whilst contradicting yourself. If you didn't actually read all the previous posts or couldn't find an adult to read them to you, then don't comment.

    Once again for the "C" students: (And I will be as succinct as possible.)

    Since this is a filmmaking board and we were discussing the merits of the new Apple-Mini as a filmmaking tool, I stand by my previous comments. Tool.

    -------------------------

    The question is no longer: "Did you read what I wrote?", but rather, "Can you people read at all?"

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 21, 2005 08:44 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Xendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dumbass.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Xendar:
    Dumbass.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I know. We all have a cross to bear.


    -------------------------

    I wish I was cool.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Xendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry man, I couldn't resist it.

    Anyhow getting back to the original topic. The Mini mac could run the video editing stuff but it probably would be slow.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Xendar:
    Sorry man, I couldn't resist it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's ok, I appreciated the joke.

    Anyhow getting back to the original topic. The Mini mac could run the video editing stuff but it probably would be slow.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that was pretty much my point. Before everyone got on their high horse about how useful this product is for home consumers. Which really wasn't the point.


    ------------------------

    At last. Someone gets it!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 21, 2005 06:17 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>

  9. #39
    Inactive Member jungleguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2003
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For the record, I run FCE on a G4 350, with 750 megs of RAM. 5 years old. I'm thinking about getting a Mac Mini.

    ?10 per month on finance

  10. #40
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, good luck with that. Let us know how it turns out, I for one would be interested in seeing if it is any good. For all my slagging off of its capabilities, I've never actually run one.


    -------------------------

    Hmmmm...unfounded opinions, don'tcha love 'em?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •